Ryanair new baggage policy

Ryanair baggage changes

Low cost airlines Ryanair changes rules about baggage on their flights. Only passengers with purchased priority will be able to take two hand luggage free of charge from November (1 piece with dimensions 55x40x20 cm and 1 piece 40x20x25 cm). Passengers who do not purchase a priority pickup will only be able to take a small hand bag (size 40x20x25 cm) free of charge.

From November are reduces baggage charges, she will be able to hand over 10 kg of baggage at a lower price – at a price of 8 € (currently 25kg for 25kg). At the same time, it will reduce the number of free hand luggage handed over at boarding gates, as this is the cause of flight delays.

From 1 November, the following will apply:

Passengers with purchased priority shipments (currently more than 30% of passengers) will be able to take two hand luggage free of charge (1 piece of 10 kg luggage / suitcase, travel bag and 1 piece of smaller bag / ladies handbag).

Passengers who do not purchase a priority will be able to take a small hand baggage free of charge from November 1.

baggage lugage travel

If a non-priority buyer wants to take the other, a larger cabin bag / suitcase, a travel bag /, a 10 kg luggage can be purchased at a reduced charge of 8 € at the time of booking the ticket (currently 20 -kilogram baggage of 25 €). Such purchased luggage weighing 10 kg will be handed over at the airport at the check-in counter.
    
All passengers who have so far used the 20kg baggage for 25 € can now take advantage of the less expensive option – a 10kg baggage for 8 €.
    
The dimensions of hand luggage / women’s handbag, mens bag, etc. will increase from the current 35x20x20 cm to 40x20x25 cm, while the luggage metric at the airports will be 42x20x35cm in size to allow passengers to take even less hand baggage, which is 25% greater than the specified dimensions.

– The new rules will apply at the gateways from 1 November 2018 and will apply to all reservations made after September 1, 2018.

60% of Ryanair customers do not touch the change in luggage conditions, as 30% of passengers are already purchasing a priority pick-up service and another 30% of passengers travel only with 1 piece of smaller cabin baggage.

Ryanair expects that the remaining 40% of passengers (non-priority) will be affected by this change, but most will either take advantage of the priority boarding option or choose to travel with less manual baggage. Others will buy 10 kg of luggage at a reduced charge.

New rules accelerate boarding time and reduce flight delays. This change will not affect 60% of passengers. We expect that the remaining 40% of passengers will either buy a priority pickup or purchase a 10 kg luggage or choose to travel with only a hand baggage, which is currently used by around 30% of passengers. “

MOST QUESTIONNAIRE QUESTIONS

1. Why does Ryanair change the conditions for carrying baggage?

To eliminate the number of luggage handed over at boarding gates and reduce delays in boarding and flight delays.

2. When will the new rules begin to apply?

The new rules will apply at the gateways from November 1, 2018 and later and will apply for flight reservations made after September 1, 2018.

3. What is the difference between the conditions currently applicable to the carriage of hand luggage and the new ones?

Until now, all passengers without a prior priority purchase have been able to take on board less than 1 hand baggage and 1 larger hand baggage (usually a suitcase).

The bigger bag was marked and placed free of charge at the bottom of the aircraft at the entrance gate. This led to the tagging of up to 120 free hand luggage at the entrance gates and caused airplane delays for 25 minutes.

From November, non-priority passengers will be able to take only 1 smaller hand baggage – they will not be able to hand over hand baggage at the entrance gate free of charge.

Only traveler with purchased priority will be able to take two hand luggage (1 piece smaller and 1 bigger, usually luggage wheels).

4. How will it affect passengers who have already purchased flights before September 1 with planned flights from November 1 and later?

The new rules will enter into force for flights from 1 November inclusive. Passengers who have not purchased a

Leave a Reply

Close Menu